Details are limited as to what Mojang has in store for Minecraft 1.11 on PC/Mac/Server edition — although we have learned that they are planning something huge. In a blog post for Minecraft snapshot 16w33a posted on August 17th, 2016, which we assume is for version 1.10.3 or 1.10.4, they said “While we plan to keep larger new features as a surprise to reveal at Minecon, some of the smaller changes will make it into snapshots in the following next weeks.”. This means that some huge new features are coming to Minecraft 1.11 — which is the next major release version of Minecraft. Like we said details are limited, however that does not mean more rumors and leaks won’t come out and as they do we will be updating this page.
Be sure to be on the lookout for more snapshots as we will too. If you have any rumors to add, be sure to use the Contact Us form and we will look into them! Be sure to include a source, however!
So far in the snapshot 16w33a they have changed the following:
- The shields of Minecraft will now keep their enchantment level and durability when crafted with banners
- They added an infinite loop
- Adds more subtitles throughout the game
- You can now burn more items in the furnace (such as a ladder and anything else related to wood).
- In a previous snapshot they lowered the range for using beds (example: the distance from the bed that you need to be to sleep), however they have not lowered it in this snapshot and instead added an error message.
- They fixed some common crashes
- Removed the infinite loop, as it took too long to finish
With any major updates we will be posting any notable changes to the site, and will be updating this post with any leaks or rumors we find. In the mean time, be sure to follow us on Twitter and on Facebook so you can be the first to know anything we find out about Minecraft version 1.11.